With a delicate, flaky crust and decadent chocolatey cream cheese filling, this amaretto-strawberry-Nutella puff pastry tart is the perfect sweet treat.
1 frozen puff pastry sheet
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup Nutella
1 tablespoon amaretto
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 egg yolk
1/2 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Remove the frozen puff pastry sheet from the freezer and allow to thaw according to manufacturer’s directions. If you thaw ahead of time, keep the puff pastry refrigerated and covered once it defrosts.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the Nutella, amaretto and espresso powder and beat until well incorporated.
- Place the thawed puff pastry on parchment paper and roll using a rolling pin to about 12 inches. With a fork, prick the puff pastry all over. Spread the Nutella filling over the puff pastry in a square shape, leaving an inch or two around the border. Fold all four sides of the border over.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sliced strawberries, dark brown sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Pour over the Nutella filling.
- Beat together the egg yolk and water in a small bowl. Brush it on the folded edges of the puff pastry. Grab the edges of the parchment paper and lift it to neatly transfer the tart to a baking sheet.
- Bake the tart for 10 minutes. Add the chopped pecans and bake for another three to five minutes, keeping an eye on the filling to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow the tart to set for a few minutes. Cut into pieces and serve. Enjoy!
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Nutella puff pastry