Cold-brew coffee gets a boozy kick to make one caffeinated cocktail! Perfect for your St. Patrick's Day celebration, brunch or after-dinner drink menu, this creamy Baileys Irish coffee martini takes a classic hot cocktail and gives it a refreshing spin. Serve in a chilled glass for the ultimate coffee cooler.
1 tablespoon espresso powder, for rimmed glass, optional
1 tablespoon sugar, for rimmed glass, optional
4 ounces cold-brew coffee
1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey
1 ounce Baileys Irish Cream
1/2 ounce simple syrup, homemade or store-bought (see note)
- If rimming the glass, mix together the espresso powder and sugar on a small plate. Spoon some water or simple syrup onto another small plate. The simple syrup gives it a bit more staying power, but water also works. Swirl the rim of the glass in the water or simple syrup to moisten. Then, swirl in the espresso powder-sugar mixture. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the cold-brew coffee, Irish whiskey, Baileys Irish Cream, simple syrup and ice. Pop on the top and shake vigorously for about 15 to 30 seconds.
- Strain into martini glasses. Enjoy!
- If desired, chill the martini glasses in the freezer before serving for an extra refreshing cocktail. Alternatively, you can fill the glass with ice and water while mixing the drink and then dump it before pouring the martini into the glass.
- If making your own simple syrup, bring 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a high simmer on the stove in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once the mixture simmers and the sugar dissolves, remove from heat. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This can be done well in advance and will keep for several weeks.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Irish-American
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 24
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Baileys Irish coffee martini