Your perfect summer bourbon cocktail is here, and it's a tasty one! With its bright lemon and fresh mint, this blueberry bourbon smash is one refreshing sipper for those warm patio nights.
1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
1/4 cup blueberries
8-10 mint leaves
2 ounces bourbon
1 ounce simple syrup, homemade or store-bought
Club soda, for topping, optional
Mint sprig, for garnish, optional
- Add the lemon wedges and blueberries to a cocktail shaker and place the mint leaves on top. Muddle until the blueberries and lemon wedges break down.
- Pour in the bourbon and simple syrup and add in a handful of ice. Put the top on and shake until cold, about 15-30 seconds.
- Replace the cocktail shaker top with a cocktail strainer and pour into ice-filled glasses. If desired, top with club soda and gently stir. Place a mint sprig in the palm of your hand and quickly clap the sprig with your other hand to release its fragrance and garnish. Enjoy!
- If making your own simple syrup, add 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for several weeks.
- For full tips, please see blog post.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 24
- Sodium: 1
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: blueberry bourbon smash