All your cheesy, bacon-filled dreams are about to come true. Made from three cheeses and covered in fragrant toasted pecans, this ultra creamy bourbon bacon jam cheese ball instantly elevates any charcuterie platter. Each decadent bite is full of savory, smoky bacon with the perfect hint of sweetness for just the right balance.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounces mascarpone, softened
1 1/2 cups shredded smoked Gouda
1 cup bourbon bacon jam, preferably homemade
1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, beat or stir the cream cheese and mascarpone until combined. Scrape any cheese off the side of the bowl and stir in the shredded Gouda and bourbon bacon jam.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on the counter. In the center, spoon the cheese mixture into a rough ball shape. Wrap the plastic wrap over the cheese mixture so that it's completely covered. Shape into a ball with your hands. Place in the refrigerator for several hours or up to four to five days.
- While the cheese ball chills, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the pecans and toast until fragrant. This should only take two to three minutes. Remove the pecans from heat and set aside.
- Before serving, roll the cheese ball in the pecans to coat. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- If you can't find smoked Gouda, regular Gouda will work as well.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 112
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 24
Keywords: bacon jam cheese ball, bourbon bacon jam cheese ball, bacon cheese ball