These butterscotch-coconut-bourbon cookies are perfectly soft and loaded with rich flavor. The bourbon adds a depth that makes these cookies over-the-top delicious.
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup salted butter, softened
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
1 (12)-ounce bag butterscotch chips
1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt until well mixed.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. This should take about three to four minutes. If needed, periodically scrap the edge of the bowl.
- Again, scrap the edge of the bowl and add bourbon, vanilla and one egg. Beat until it’s well combined. Repeat with the second egg.
- Add a spoonful or two of the flour mixture and beat until it’s incorporated. Repeat until you mix in all of the flour. Stir in the butterscotch chips and coconut. Refrigerate dough for an hour.
- As the dough refrigerates, heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Form the dough into golf ball-size balls and drop onto an ungreased, parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for nine minutes. The dough might look underbaked, but that’s OK. This leaves the cookies soft, and they solidify as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheet before moving to wire baking racks to finish cooling. Once cooled, store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 223
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 37
Keywords: butterscotch cookies, coconut cookies, bourbon cookies