Patio sipping is about to get even more delicious. Bursting with sweet cherry flavor, a punch of citrus and a kick of mint, this cherry bourbon smash is one of summer’s best cocktails.
1 ounce simple syrup, homemade or store bought
8 fresh mint leaves, plus 1 sprig, for garnish
1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
Handful of cherries, pitted, if not using cherry-infused bourbon
2 ounces cherry-infused bourbon or regular bourbon if you don’t have the infused kind
Splash of club soda, optional
- Toss the simple syrup, mint leaves and lemon wedges into a cocktail shaker. If you don’t have cherry-infused bourbon, add the pitted fresh cherries. Muddle until the lemons and cherries if using break down and the mint releases its oil.
- Add the cherry-infused bourbon (or regular bourbon) and fill the shaker with a handful of ice. Place the top on the cocktail shaker and vigorously shake until cold, about 15-30 seconds.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice and strain. If desired, top with club soda and gently stir. Take mint sprig and place in the palm of your hand, quickly clap your other hand on top to release the fragrance and garnish. Enjoy!
- If making your own simple syrup, simmer the 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently to dissolve the sugar. As soon as the sugar dissolves, remove from heat. When pitting cherries, be sure to cover your clothes with an old towel or shirt you don’t mind staining with cherry juice. If you don’t have a muddler, the bottom of a kitchen ladle or similar utensil does the job.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bourbon smash, cherry bourbon smash, cherry bourbon cocktail