Meet your new favorite holiday cookie! Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s, these soft, chewy dried cranberry-orange cookies with white chocolate chips show off classic seasonal flavors that everyone is sure to love. Plus, they’re a breeze to make.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
2 eggs, room temperature
2 cups (12-ounce bag) white chocolate chips, plus additional for topping if desired
1 cup dried cranberries
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the softened butter, white sugar, brown sugar, orange zest and vanilla extract in a stand mixer or mixing bowl with hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Scrape the creamed butter off the side of the bowl. Add one egg and beat just until combined. Repeat with the second egg. Once both eggs are combined, scrape the dough off the side of the bowl again.
- Add a spoonful or two of the flour mixture at a time and stir or beat on low speed until incorporated. Repeat until all the flour mixture is combined into the dough. Stir in white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, form the dough into golf ball-size dough balls. The large size will keep the cookies extra soft. If you’d like, top with additional white chocolate chips.
- Bake for nine minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a couple minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will look underbaked right out of the oven, but they will solidify as they cool. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- For full tips, please see blog post.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 22
- Sodium: 99
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 39
Keywords: cranberry orange cookies