Your summer cocktail menu isn’t complete without this fresh cherry margarita! Bursting with ripe cherry flavor and tart citrus in every sip, this summery margarita is your perfect refreshing cocktail cooler.
6 fresh cherries, stemmed and pitted
1 lime, juiced
2 ounces tequila, preferably reposado
1 ounce Luxardo cherry liqueur
1 ounce simple syrup, homemade or store-bought
Coarse sea salt, optional, for garnish
Lime slices, optional, for garnish
Additional cherries, optional, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add the fresh cherries and lime juice. Muddle until the cherries mostly break down.
- Add the tequila, Luxardo cherry liqueur, simple syrup and ice. Put the cocktail shaker top on and shake vigorously for 15-30 seconds.
- If desired, run a lime slice along the rim of your serving glass. Pour coarse sea salt onto a small plate and swirl the moistened rim in the salt. Add ice to the serving glass.
- Replace the cocktail shaker top with a cocktail strainer. Strain into an ice-filled glass. Garnish with a lime slice and fresh cherries if desired. Enjoy!
- If making your own simple syrup, which is recommended, add 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for several weeks.
- For full tips, please see blog post.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 1
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: fresh cherry margarita