Make this year’s celebration extra special with your own homemade Halloween candy! Loaded with toasted almonds in each buttery, rich bite, this Halloween toffee adds a festive touch to your holiday party.
2 cups white sugar
2 cups butter
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
1 cup almond slivers
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups orange candy melts, chopped
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the sugar, butter, water and dark corn syrup to a heavy-bottomed 3-quart saucepan and attach a candy thermometer. Turn heat to medium and stir nearly constantly until the butter melts.
- Slightly reduce the heat. Cook until the mixture reaches 300-305 degrees (see notes), stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. As it cooks, it will bubble up, thicken and turn from a pale color to a rich amber hue.
- While the toffee cooks, toast the almonds over medium heat until fragrant, about two to three minutes. Set aside.
- When the toffee reaches 300-305 degrees, turn off heat. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts and toasted almonds. Carefully pour onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using a wooden spoon, spread the toffee into a thin layer. Sprinkle with chopped orange candy melts and let sit for five minutes. Using the back of a metal spoon, spread the warmed candy melts to coat the toffee. Immediately decorate with Halloween sprinkles. Allow to set for at least three hours. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- At 5,280 feet in elevation, I cook the toffee to 300 degrees, but if you’re at sea level, you’ll want to go slightly higher to 305 degrees.
- For full tips, please see blog post.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 4
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 32
Keywords: Halloween toffee