No summer grill-out is complete without a good potato salad. Red potatoes are roasted until perfectly crispy and then slathered in a bright, creamy dressing with loads of fresh herbs. Chopped eggs add a decadent touch, and celery and red onion give a delightful crunch. I have no doubt this herbed roasted potato salad will become your new go-to summer recipe.
2 pounds petite red potatoes, quartered (see note)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, grated or minced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 dill sprig, leaves removed
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/8 cup fresh basil leaves
1/8 cup fresh tarragon leaves
2 teaspoons honey
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. On a 16-inch-by-22-inch baking sheet, toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Open the oven and stir the potatoes around. Roast for another 15 or 20 minutes. They’re done when the outside is crispy, and the inside is soft. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon juice, dill, parsley, basil, tarragon and honey. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cooled potatoes with hard-boiled eggs, celery and red onion. Pour the mayonnaise dressing on top and stir until everything is well-coated. Store in the refrigerate to chill. Enjoy!
- I find petite, or baby, red potatoes work best. Generally, you can find them prepackaged in the produce section. If you use regular red potatoes, you’ll need to cut them into 1-inch chunks, which will take a few more cuts than quartering.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can finely chop the fresh herbs and then stir together everything in a bowl.
- The herbed roasted potato salad should last in the refrigerator for about five days.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted potato salad, herbed roasted potato salad