Bring on the margaritas! Made popular from the Olive Garden, this Italian margarita with amaretto comes with the perfect sweet and sour balance for one refreshing cocktail. This easy margarita recipe takes just a few minutes to whip up, and you only need a handful of fresh ingredients.
2 ounces tequila, preferably reposado
1 ounce amaretto
1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
1 lime, juiced
1/2 ounce simple syrup, optional
Lime slices, for garnish, optional
Coarse sea salt, for garnish, optional
- In a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, amaretto, orange juice, lime juice and ice. Put the top on and shake vigorously for 15-30 seconds. Taste. If you’d like additional sweetener, add the simple syrup. Otherwise, leave as is.
- Run a lime slice along the rim of your serving glass. Pour coarse sea salt onto a small plate and swirl the moistened rim in the salt. Add ice to the glass.
- Strain into serving glass. Garnish with an additional lime slice if desired. Enjoy!
- For a pitcher serving 16, use 4 cups tequila, 2 cups amaretto, 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice and 16 limes.
- You can buy simple syrup or make your own. To make your own, combine 1 cup water and 1 cup white sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several weeks.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican-Italian Fusion
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 6
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Italian margarita