With its cooling cucumber, fresh herbs and zesty kick of lime, pico de gallo doesn’t get more refreshing! While this Mediterranean-inspired cucumber pico gallo takes hardly any time to put together and requires just a handful of ingredients, it delivers big-time flavor and is always a crowd favorite.
1 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup chopped Roma tomato
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2–1 chopped jalapeno, seeded
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, stir together the cucumber, tomato, red onion and half a chopped jalapeno.
- Stir in lime juice, mint, parsley and salt. Taste. If you’d like more spice, add the other half of the jalapeno.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld. While it’s best the day of making, it will still stay crisp for two or three days. Enjoy!
- For the vegetables, one cucumber, Roma tomato and red onion each should do it. Depending on the size, you’ll have leftover red onion and cucumber but should use all of the tomato.
- For a Tex-Mex version, you can substitute parsley and mint for cilantro.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-Mexican Fusion
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 5
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 73
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: cucumber pico de gallo