Full of warm spice and rich flavors, these ginger-maple cookies with orange zest are bursting with fall flavor. Each buttery bite is perfectly soft and chewy. You won’t find a more perfect fall cookie.
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup salted butter, softened
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
1 teaspoon maple extract
2 eggs, room temperature
1 (12)-ounce bag white chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, ground ginger, baking soda and salt until well mixed.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together butter, sugars, orange zest, fresh ginger and extracts until fluffy. If needed, periodically scrap the edge of the bowl.
- Again, scrap the edge of the bowl and add one egg. Beat until just combined. Repeat with the second egg.
- Add a spoonful or two of the flour mixture and stir until it’s incorporated. Repeat until you mix in all of the flour. Stir in the white chocolate chips and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- As the dough refrigerates, heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Form the dough into golf ball-size balls and drop onto an ungreased, parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving a couple inches between each dough ball. Bake for nine minutes. The dough might look underbaked, but that’s OK. This leaves the cookies soft, and they solidify as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheet before moving to wire baking racks to finish cooling. Once cooled, store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- Recipe originally published in October 2018 and republished in October 2020.
- For full tips, please see blog post.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 128
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 29
Keywords: ginger maple cookies