Love a fall margarita with a unique twist? Let me introduce you to the lovely plum-thyme margarita. Made with a fresh plum-thyme simple syrup and a generous dose of tequila, this plum-thyme margarita is a seasonal favorite that’s perfect for any festive fall gathering.
For Plum-Thyme Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
5-10 fresh thyme sprigs
4 plums, seeded, cut into slices
For Plum-Thyme Margarita
1 lime, juiced
2 ounces tequila, preferably reposado
1 ounce triple sec, preferably Grand Marnier or Cointreau
1 ounce plum-thyme simple syrup
Coarse sea salt, for garnish, optional
- For the plum-thyme simple syrup, add the water, sugar, thyme sprigs and plum slices to a saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat and cook to a low boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once the sugar dissolves, turn off heat, mash the plums in the syrup and allow to steep, preferably at least 30 minutes. Strain and chill. You can take care of this step ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a couple weeks.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the lime juice, tequila, triple sec, plum-thyme simple syrup and a handful of ice. Pop on the top and shake vigorously for 15-30 seconds.
- If you’d like a salted glass, run a lime slice around the glass rim. Pour coarse sea salt on a small plate. Dip the glass into the ice and twist a few times to allow the salt to adhere.
- Add ice to the glass. Strain the margarita into the glass. If desired, garnish with plum slices and thyme sprigs. Enjoy!
- A potato masher works well to mash the plums. You could also use a fork if you don’t have a potato masher.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 40
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: plum-thyme margarita, plum margarita, thyme margarita, plum cocktail