The ultimate fruity summer margarita is here! With the perfect balance of sweet and tart, this strawberry-kiwi margarita is everything you love in a summer cocktail. This easy margarita recipe features freshly muddled strawberries and kiwi with a healthy dose of tequila to keep the good times coming.
2 strawberries, hulled and halved
1/2 kiwi, peeled
1 lime, juiced
2 ounces tequila, preferably reposado
1 ounce orange liqueur, preferably Grand Marnier or Cointreau
1 ounce simple syrup, homemade or store-bought
Lime slices, for garnish, optional
Coarse sea salt, for garnish, optional
Strawberries, for garnish, optional
Kiwi slices, for garnish, optional
- In a cocktail shaker, add the strawberries, kiwi and lime juice. Muddle until the fruit breaks down and is mostly liquified.
- Add the tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup and a handful of ice. Put the cocktail shaker top on and shake vigorously for 15-30 seconds.
- If desired, run a lime slice along the rim of your serving glass. Pour coarse sea salt onto a small plate and swirl the moistened rim in the salt. Add ice to the serving glass.
- Replace the cocktail shaker top with a cocktail strainer. Strain into ice-filled glass. Garnish with a lime slice, strawberry and kiwi slice if desired. Enjoy!
- If making your own simple syrup, add 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for several weeks.
- For full tips, please see blog post.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 1
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: strawberry-kiwi margarita