Add a little sparkle to your holidays with this festive Sugar Plum Fairy Martini! Tart cranberry juice, rich Amaretto and a touch of spice come together to make your new favorite Christmas cocktail. This Nutcracker-themed martini is a sure hit for your next holiday party, or it’s the perfect relaxing sipper for an evening in front of the fireplace.
For Sugar Plum Fairy Martini
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces cranberry juice
1 ounce Amaretto
1/2 lemon, juiced
Splash of ginger ale
For Sugared Cranberry Garnish (Optional)
1/2 cup sugar, divided
1/4 cup water
1 cup fresh cranberries
Sugar Plum Fairy Martini
- In a cocktail shaker, add the vodka, Amaretto, lemon juice and a handful of ice. Pop on the top and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass. Top with a splash of ginger ale and gently stir. If desired, garnish with sugared cranberries. Enjoy!
For Sugared Cranberries
- In a small sauce pan, add 1/4 cup sugar and water over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Once the sugar dissolves, stir in the cranberries and turn off the heat. Make sure they’re well-coated with the simple syrup.
- On a large plate, spread the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Drain the cranberries and roll in the sugar. Allow to set on a wire rack for about an hour.
- While this recipe is for one drink, you’ll have enough sugared cranberries for several drinks.
- If you’d like to make a big party batch for 16 servings, use 4 cups vodka, 4 cups cranberry juice, 2 cups Amaretto, eight lemons and 1 cup ginger ale. You can still serve it in martini glasses or serve it punch style in a pitcher or bowl.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sugar plum fairy martini, Christmas martini, Christmas cocktail, Nutcracker cocktail, Nutcracker martini