Blood Orange Gin Fizz
With blood orange season here, let's embrace this winter treat the best way we know how -- a stunning blood orange gin fizz! Featuring a creamy, frothy topping, freshly squeezed blood orange juice and the perfect bubbly kick, this seasonal gin fizz makes for one cocktail you'll want to sip on all night long.
Servings 1 drink
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce heavy cream
- 1 egg white
- 1-2 drops orange blossom water (see note)
- ½ lemon juiced
- Splash club soda
- Blood orange twist for garnish, optional
In a cocktail shaker, add the gin, blood orange juice, simple syrup, heavy cream, egg white, orange blossom water and lemon juice. Put on the top and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
Remove the top and add a handful of ice. Put the top back on and shake vigorously until you no longer hear the ice clink against the cocktail shaker, about two minutes.
Pour into a chilled Collins glass. Add a splash of club soda and gently stir. Garnish with a blood orange twist if desired. Enjoy!
- Make sure you use a food-grade orange blossom water. If you don't have any on hand, you can leave it out, but it adds a nice citrusy, floral quality.
- For full tips, please see blog post.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g