The ultimate fruity summer margarita is here! With the perfect balance of sweet and tart, this strawberry-kiwi margarita is everything you love in a summer cocktail. This easy margarita recipe features freshly muddled strawberries and kiwi with a healthy dose of tequila to keep the good times coming.
Servings 1 drink
- 2 strawberries hulled and halved
- ½ kiwi peeled
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice about 1 lime
- 2 ounces tequila preferably reposado
- 1 ounce orange liqueur preferably Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 ounce simple syrup homemade or store-bought
- Lime slices for garnish, optional
- Coarse sea salt for garnish, optional
- Strawberries for garnish, optional
- Kiwi slices for garnish, optional
In a cocktail shaker, add the strawberries, kiwi and lime juice. Muddle until the fruit breaks down and is mostly liquified.
Add the tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup and a handful of ice. Put the cocktail shaker top on and shake vigorously for 15-30 seconds.
If desired, run a lime slice along the rim of your serving glass. Pour coarse sea salt onto a small plate and swirl the moistened rim in the salt. Add ice to the serving glass.
Replace the cocktail shaker top with a cocktail strainer. Strain into ice-filled glass. Garnish with a lime slice, strawberry and kiwi slice if desired. Enjoy!
- If making your own simple syrup, add 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for several weeks.
- For full tips, please see blog post.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g