Espresso and Kahlua Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies get a gourmet, sophisticated makeover with these espresso and Kahlua cookies! Featuring a soft and chewy center and crisp edges, these mocha-flavored cookies are always a crowd favorite for any occasion. After one bite, these cookies will surely earn a spot on your cookie-baking rotation.
Servings 26 cookies, approximately
Stand or hand mixer
Large baking sheet
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened salted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 10-ounce bag chocolate chunks plus additional for topping, optional
In a small bowl, stir together the flour, espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, dark brown sugar, white sugar, Kahlua and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
Scrape the dough off the side of the bowl. Add one egg and beat just until combined. Scrape the dough again. Add the second egg and beat just until combined.
Once again, scrape the dough off the side of the bowl. Add a couple scoops of the flour mixture and stir until combined. Repeat until all the flour mixture is incorporated.
Scrape the dough off the side of the bowl. Stir in dark chocolate chunks. Refrigerate for at least an hour until stiff. Alternatively, you can freeze for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oven to 375 degrees. When the chilling time is up, place golf ball-size dough balls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake nine minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool for a couple minutes and then use a spatula to move to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- For full tips, please see blog post.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 99mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g