Let's get festive and celebrate the 4th of July the only way I know how --- with cocktails, of course! A Champagne topper gives this cherry vodka sparkler cocktail its fizzy kick, and pure tart cherry juice adds a refreshing, fruity touch for the perfect summer drink. This cherry vodka cocktail will be the hit of the day at your 4th of July party or next summer grill-out.
Almost every year, we host a 4th of July party, and coming up with the menu is one of my favorite parts of the process, especially when it comes to cocktails. A good cocktail sets the mood for any occasion, so picking the right drink is almost like a mission. In the past, I've served fun margarita varieties, gin and tonics, sangria, homemade shandies and spiked fruity lemonade for our 4th of July celebrations, but this is the first time a Champagne cocktail will take center stage.
Honestly, I have no idea why it's taken so long. Those sparkling bubbles are clearly a nod to everyone's favorite handheld sparklers, making this 4th of July cocktail extra fun. Besides, who doesn't love Champagne?
Of course, I'm clearly branding this cherry vodka sparkler cocktail as the ultimate 4th of July drink, but don't think it can't make an appearance all year long. Cherry cocktails are one of my favorite sippers during the summer months, so let's not reserve this recipe for one day in the season. This refreshing cherry vodka sparkler was made for warm patio nights.
And look at that pretty color. How fun would this cherry cocktail be for your Christmas or Valentine's Day celebration? Quite the multitasking cocktail, eh?
Related: If you love cherry cocktails, make sure you also try my cherry vodka sour!
I don't know about you, but I'm thirsty, so let's jump into it. We grab some vodka, simple syrup, pure tart cherry juice and Champagne. If you're wondering where the heck you pick up cherry juice, you'll find it in the unrefrigerated juice section of your grocery store. I happen to love the R.W. Knudsen Just Tart Cherry in case you want to keep an eye out.
And please note that I recommend tart cherry juice over black cherry juice for this cocktail. Matt and I tried this cocktail with both types of cherry juice. While I enjoy black cherries in certain recipes, it was too rich for an effervescent summer cocktail. The tart cherry juice resulted in a more refreshing cocktail that you'd want to sip all evening long on the patio.
Now that we have our ingredients, we pour the vodka, simple syrup, fresh lime juice and tart cherry juice into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice. We shake it all up, pour into ice-filled white wine glasses and top off our glasses with Champagne. All that's left is to take a sip and enjoy the beautiful summer day.
4th of July Cocktail Ideas
Obviously, you can't go wrong with this cherry vodka cocktail. That's clear. But maybe you want to offer a few other cocktail options for your 4th of July party. These 4th of July cocktail ideas are perfect for the occasion.
- Roasted strawberry margarita
- Strawberry mint julep
- Cherry bourbon smash
- Bourbon cherry limeade
- Minted strawberry lemonade
- Roasted strawberry Aperol spritz
- Cherry-orange Kentucky mule
Mmmm ... now I want all the cocktails. Can we just go ahead and have all the cocktails? Let's do it.
Besides being refreshing, delicious and a breeze to make, this cherry vodka sparkler cocktail is perfect for the holiday because it goes well with just about anything you would put on your typical 4th of July menu. That said, I have a soft spot for pairing this cherry vodka cocktail with pulled pork sandwiches. Pork works perfectly with a sweet fruit accompaniment, and that bubbly pop slices right through this fatty cut of meat.
If you're looking for a sweet option, you can't go wrong with this frozen chocolate-cherry mousse pie and 4th of July cocktail pairing. Double the cherry, double the fun, I say.
I hope you add this cherry vodka sparkler cocktail to your party menu. I have no doubt you'll find this 4th of July cocktail as tasty as it is festive. Please let me know how you enjoyed this cherry vodka cocktail recipe in the comment section and don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter. You can also catch me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.
Looking for More 4th of July Recipes?
Cherry Vodka Sparkler Cocktail
- Cocktail shaker
- Jigger or small measuring cup
- ¼ cup tart cherry juice
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce simple syrup homemade or store-bought (see note)
- 1 lime juiced
- 5 ounces Champagne
- Fresh cherries for garnish optional
- In a cocktail shaker, pour in the tart cherry juice, vodka, simple syrup and lime juice. Add a handful of ice. Pop on the top of the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Pour into an ice-filled white wine glass. Top with Champagne and gently stir. If desired, garnish with fresh cherries. Enjoy!
- If making homemade simple syrup, simmer the 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently to dissolve the sugar. As soon as the sugar dissolves, remove from heat. Allow to cool and store until chilled. You can also use my fresh cherry simple syrup for a fruity boost.
- To make this in a pitcher rather than individual glasses, times the tart cherry juice, vodka and simple syrup by five and pour into a pitcher. Then, pour an entire bottle of Champagne into the pitcher and gently stir.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.