If you made a batch of my cherry-infused bourbon earlier this summer, I have good news. Another recipe using that delicious liquor is ready and waiting for you: bourbon cherry limeade. Get excited!
And if you don’t have any cherry-infused bourbon on hand, I have a couple alternatives for you, so you don’t feel left out. But you really should make the bourbon. You won’t regret it. I love this bourbon so much that I plan on making another batch and saving it for Christmas for some seriously festive-looking drinks. But enough about that. Now on to the bourbon cherry limeade.
So why bourbon cherry limeades? Like any normal human, I've always loved Sonic’s cherry limeade for its sweet, tart and bubbly kick. Ever since I was a kid, Sonic's cherry limeade has been a favorite, so there's a certain nostalgia that comes with this drink. And, of course, we all know a healthy dose of bourbon makes anything better. Naturally, the two had to join forces to make one perfect summer cocktail.
So let’s get shaking. Literally. For this recipe, you need 2 ounces of cherry-infused bourbon, 1 ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice, 1 ounce of simple syrup, ice and just enough club soda to make it fizzy. If you don’t have cherry-infused bourbon, you can add a couple ounces of cherry juice. As a warning, pitting cherries typically leads to splatters if you don’t have one of those fancy pitters, so you'll want to protect your clothes.
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, toss everything into a cocktail shaker except the club soda. Slap on the top and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds. Strain into ice-filled glasses, top with a club soda floater, garnish with a slice of lime and happily sip. Could it be any simpler? I don't think so.
Considering that Sonic serves as the inspiration for this post, it only feels natural to suggest burgers hot off the grill. Plus, the char on the burger is a delicious match to the bourbon’s caramel undertone, and the bubbles counter the fatty beef. I can't think of a better summer combo.
Summer is my absolute favorite season, and cherry-infused bourbon only makes these glorious months even better. Do yourself a favor and try this simple summer cocktail ASAP.
If you're a fan of this drink, be sure to also check out my recipe for a cherry bourbon smash and cherry-orange Kentucky mule. That tasty cocktail is another great way to sip on cherry bourbon all summer long.
Looking for More Bourbon Cocktails?
If you love this recipe, please leave a comment with a five-star rating — or simply hit the five-star button in the recipe card. Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter, and you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and TikTok.
Bourbon Cherry Limeade
- 2 ounces cherry-infused bourbon or regular bourbon
- 2 ounces cherry juice if not using cherry-infused bourbon
- 1 ounce lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 ounce simple syrup homemade or store bought
- Club soda
- Lime slices for garnish, optional
- Pour the cherry-infused bourbon or cherry juice, lime juice and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Pour into an ice-filled glass and top with desired amount of club soda. Garnish with a lime slice. Enjoy!
- If making your own simple syrup, simmer the 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently to dissolve the sugar. As soon as the sugar dissolves, remove from heat.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.